Thank you for your interest in the National Association of Naturopaths (NAN).
To become a member of NAN, you must:
- Read, understand, and agree to the Code of Ethics.
- Download, print, and fill out the application form.
- Provide a photocopy of your diploma(s), certificate(s), and attestation(s). Note: Your application will only be approved if you have completed the required 1,000 hours of training.
- Provide a photocopy of your photo ID.
- Provide a photocopy of your proof of professional liability insurance (online enrolment).
- Pay your membership fee online via the payment and renewal page.
- Send all documents by mail to 10225 Jeanne-Mance Street, Montreal, Quebec, H3L 3B7 or by email to the address mentioned on the application form.
Expect the application review process to take 15 business days. Once your application is approved, NAN will send you everything you need: a series of numbered e-receipts (which your clients will need to make their insurance claims), forms for record keeping, and a NAN membership certificate through the mail.
In addition to representation by a recognized association, NAN members enjoy numerous benefits and services essential to their practice.
Free access to TRC Healthcare’s Natural Medicines and Supplements Database
TRC Healthcare is known for its Natural Medicines and Supplements Database, among other solutions for healthcare practitioners. This unique resource is updated daily and covers 1,400 natural ingredient and alternative therapy monographs, as well as more than 185,000 commercial products organized into a database featuring a practical, easy-to-use interface. NAN members can access this resource free of charge as an aid to making informed, evidence-based decisions—a value of close to $235 (US$182) a year.
Recognition by insurers
The benefits and advantages of a naturopathic approach to maintaining and improving health have been demonstrated time and again. Receipts issued by NAN members are recognized and accepted by all insurance companies offering individual and group insurance.*
*The insured person must check their coverage to make sure the services of a naturopath are reimbursed under their insurance plan.
Professional liability insurance
NAN members must purchase professional liability insurance and can access other insurance products designed specifically for them through our partner, ESSOR Insurance (online enrolment).
NAN members benefit from a referral system. We direct client calls and inquiries to the naturopaths located closest to their place of residence or work.
List your school on our website
We publish a directory of NAN-accredited schools and training centres. If you run a school or offer training, you can ask to be included in the directory.
Visibility and blog
The « Message Board » section of our website contains many articles and a host of information that attract clients with an interest in naturopathy and related services. NAN members can increase their visibility by publishing an article, a news item, or an advertisement for free.
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions about membership or the association.